Yes, the RASCAL forum is available on the RAMP website to all RASCAL users. However, only RAMP members can post to the forum. To access the RASCAL forum select the “RASCAL Request Support” navigation link on the U.S. NRC RAMP website, which provides access to the “RASCAL Forum". RASCAL Forum topics include:
- General RASCAL Usage Questions
- General Emergency Preparedness Questions
- Code Error (Bug) Reporting
- RASCAL Model Questions
Non-RAMP members should review the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)” link and the “Error (Bug) Reports” forum board for the message. Non-RAMP members have read-only access to the “Error (Bug) Reports” forum board and cannot post new topics.
RAMP members have several tools available to help them troubleshoot and resolve RASCAL error messages and code crashes. RASCAL users experiencing error messages or code crashes should log into the U.S. NRC RAMP website and select the “RASCAL Request Support” navigation link. This link will triage them through the following troubleshooting steps:
- Select the “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)” link to review the FAQs for the error message and if not listed then,
- Select the “RASCAL Forum” link to review the “Error (Bug) Reports” forum board for the error message and if not listed then,
- Select the “New Topic” button on the “Error (Bug) Reports” forum board to add this error message to the forum. Be sure to include the following information in the “scope of request” section:
- What version of the RASCAL program is running?
- What Operating system is being used (i.e. Windows 7.0)?
- Is the error message reproducible?
- What are the exact steps leading up to the error?
- What is the exact symptom (e.g. program crashes, error message number, etc.)?
- Provide a screenshot of the error message and attach the saved case file if possible.